TIME FOR A YUMMY ENERGY SAVING TIP!
BBQ ANYONE? National Hot Dog Day Recipe
In honor of National Hot Dog Month, we’re kicking things off with a great energy saving recipe with a Texas twist! A Texas Style National Hot Dog Recipe brought to you by Our Energy Texas.
It would make perfect sense that July National Hot Dog Month since most other states don’t get to enjoy as much sun as we do. In Texas, we get to enjoy super sunny weather most of the time. Teaming that up with our love for a great BBQ, it’s a great opportunity to exchange the usual Texan BBQ for a low budget, energy saving treat: a National Hot Dog Day Recipe.
Y’ALL WILL LOVE THIS: TEXAS BBQ Beer Basted Hot Dogs in Pineapple Chipotle Sauce
Some people say that traditionally, Texans are not huge hot dog fans simply because we have a rich abundance of prime grilling ingredients. That is before we add a “Texas Twist”. We’re masters at turning any normal dish into a mouth watering delight! As easy as pie. Here’s why we know that y’all will love it:
- It’s Fast to Prepare.
- It’s Easy on Your Wallet.
- It’s Delicious!
- It has a Great Texas Twist
- It’s Great for Energy Saving
It’s a sunny day and we love to grill. Get out the grilling tools, it’s a great day to whip up this National Hot Dog Day Recipe! Our Energy presents: TEXAS BBQ Beer Basted Hot Dogs with Pineapple Chipotle Sauce.
Energy Saving – National Hot Dog Day Recipe
Brought to You By Our Energy
This spicy, juicy and tangy version of the traditional grilled hot dog is fast to prepare and doesn’t have expensive ingredients. It will not require any stove top cooking, only a bit of chopping and then grilling. It can be prepared as spicy as you like and as always, we offer a few additional tips, tricks and alternatives. We hope y’all enjoy!
TEXAS BBQ Beer Basted Hot Dogs in Pineapple Chipotle Sauce
Beer Basted Hot Dogs
- – 6 Hot Dogs (of your favorite kind)
- – 6 Hot Dog Buns
- – 1 Onion Chopped into Rings
- – 4 Minced Cloves of Garlic
- – 1 Can of Beer
- – 2 Tablespoons of Tomato Paste
- – 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- – 1 Laurel Leaf
- – Dash of Sal and Black Pepper to Taste
- – Chili (Optional)
- – Add the onions, garlic, tomato paste, olive oil, beer and laurel leaf to a small disposable aluminum roasting pan.
- – Mix and season with salt, pepper and chili to taste.
- – Add the hot dogs and place the roasting pan on the grill, simmering well but not allowing the liquid to fully dry out.
- – Add the hot dogs to the grill until well browned. By basting the hot dogs first, they will be crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- – Add the hot dogs to the buns.
Pineapple Chipotle Sauce Topping
- – 1 Small Pineapple Peeled and Diced or 1 Large Can of Pineapple Chunks
- – 1 Red Bell Pepper Diced
- – 1 Small Onion Diced
- – 3 Tablespoons of Fresh Cilantro Chopped
- – 3 Tablespoons of Lime Juice
- – 3 Tablespoons of Canned Chipotle Chile in Adobo (Chiles and the Sauce) Chopped up
- – Mix up all of the ingredients in a bowl and you’re ready to go!
- – You may consider making a bigger batch to save it for later. The dressing covered and chilled may last up to three days in the refrigerator.
- – Once the dressing is done, dollop it over the Beer Basted Hot Dogs and let us know how it goes!
- – Serve with Tortilla chips.
Day Before Alternative: You may leave the hot dogs basting overnight and prepare the pineapple chipotle sauce the day before. This way you have everything ready to just grill and go the next day.
Spicy Alternative: For those of us who love LIFE SPICY, you may add a bit of jalapeno or Serrano pepper into the blend.
Bacon Lover’s Alternative: Wrap the hot dogs in bacon before cooking. It’s sinfully delicious!
How did your National Hot Dog Day Recipe Turn Out?
Please feel free to like and share this tasty recipe with your peers. If you tried it, please feel free to share about your experience in the comments below. We welcome all of your suggestions and comments as well.