SAVE MONEY & IMPRESS THIS THANKSGIVING!
Try this Stove Top Thanksgiving Cranberry Chutney
With Thanksgiving and December Holidays just around the corner, here is an amazing side dish treat you won’t want to miss! A Thanksgiving dinner with all of the trimmings is notorious to kick up your grocery and energy bills. This Thanksgiving Cranberry Chutney is a great way to kick up a fancy dish on a low budget. Best of all, everyone will love it and keep coming back for seconds!
WHY TO LOVE CRANBERRIES
Cranberries seem to just come around in time for the November – December holidays. During the remainder of the year, most of us will only look for them in the juice version. This Thanksgiving Cranberry Chutney recipe is so amazing, you’ll be preparing it year round!
- It’s All-American: Cranberries are one of the three fruits native to North America
- It’s a Nutritious: Packed to the brim with antioxidants and vitamin C.
- It’s Good for Your Health: Cranberries are good for the urinary tract and many studies show that they may reduce inflammation and are good for your blood lipid profile.
- It’s Fast to Prepare: Just chop up the ingredients and stir them all into the pot!
- It’s Delicious! See for yourself!
- Ultimately, it Helps Save You Time and Energy. Only 5 Minutes of Stove Top Cooking!
Today is a great day to prepare the Best Thanksgiving Cranberry Chutney Recipe!
Best Thanksgiving Cranberry Chutney Recipe
Brought to You By Our Energy
You’ll never want to serve cranberries from a can ever again! This tangy version of the Traditional Thanksgiving Cranberry Chutney Recipe only takes approximately 10 minutes to prepare. It will only require a bit of chopping. It can be prepared ahead of time, refrigerated and taken out as the star side dish to go with your turkey. As always, we offer a few additional tips, tricks and alternatives. We hope y’all enjoy!
Thanksgiving Cranberry Chutney RECIPE
Total Prep Time: Approximately 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: Approximately 5 Minutes
- 2 cans of whole cranberries
- 1 can de cranberry jelly
- 1 cup of golden raisins
- 5 apples chopped into small bite sized cubes
- 3 pears chopped into small bite sized cubes
- 4 teaspoons of red vinegar
- 5 cups of brown sugar
- 1 small red onion finely minced.
- 1 medium white onion finely minced.
- 10 whole cloves
- 4 whole cinnamon sticks
- 4 tablespoons of grated fresh ginger (or 1 tablespoon of powdered ginger)
- 5 thin slices of lemon (cut a lemon in half and slide the sides so that you obtain thin round slices)
- A dash of salt
- 1/3 cup of crumbled pecans
Place all the ingredients into a large pot, mix well until boiling. Cover and cook for 5 minutes on medium temperature. Take off of the stove to cool. The chutney is served at room temperature.
Tip: For a juicier mixture, you may add ¼ cup of apple or orange juice to the recipe.
A la Mode Dessert Alternative: Pour the Cranberry Chutney on top of vanilla ice cream!
Fresh Alternative: Substitute the canned cranberries for fresh ones whenever you can. You may have to adjust the sugar to keep it from becoming too tart.
Another Alternative: Try experimenting with other types of berries and fruits like red pears to give its flavor a whole new dimension!
How did your Thanksgiving Cranberry Chutney Recipe Turn Out?
Please feel free to like and share this tasty recipe with your peers. If you tried it, please feel free to share about your experience in the comments below. We welcome all of your suggestions and comments as well.