HERE’S A FUN AND VERY TASTY ENERGY SAVING TIP!
Try the Best Texas Caviar Recipe of All Time.
It’s feeling hot and muggy. Yes, it’s good ole Texas weather for y’all! Here’s a delicious take on a classic Texas treat: the Best Texas Caviar Recipe. Yes, I know that you’ve tried a dozen types of versions on the classic Texas Caviar, but this one is going to be your favorite!
WHY WE LOVE TEXAS CAVIAR
According to Wikipedia, Texas Caviar was invented back in 1940. It was whipped up by Helen Corbitt, after she moved to our most beautiful state of Texas where she was ultimately inspired. Ever since the dish was first served in the Houston Country Club it’s become a huge hit at our parties and barbecues.
- It’s a Nutritious Dish
- It’s Fast to Prepare
- It’s Delicious!
- You can Prepare it Without Having to Cook!
- Ultimately, it Helps Save You Time and Energy
Today is a great day to prepare the Best Texas Caviar Recipe!
Best Texas Caviar Recipe
Brought to You By Our Energy
This zesty version of the Traditional Texas Caviar Recipe only takes approximately 40 minutes to prepare. It will not require any cooking, only a bit of chopping, mixing and blending. It can be prepared as spicy as you like and as always, we offer a few additional tips, tricks and alternatives. We hope y’all enjoy!
Texas Caviar with Zesty Avocado Cilantro Dressing RECIPE
Total Prep and Serve Time: Approximately 40 Mins.
Prep Time: 35 Mins.
- – 1 (15 ounce) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- – 1 (15 ounce) can of black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- – 2 (15 ounce) cans of pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- – 2 (15 ounce) cans of corn, rinsed and drained
- – 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- – 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- – 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- – 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- – 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- – 1 – 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded, and chopped (optional)
- – Mix the black beans, pinto beans, black-eyed peas, corn, bell peppers, jalapeno pepper, red onion and tomatoes together in a large bowl.
Zesty Avocado Cilantro Dressing
Prep Time: 5 Mins.
- – 1 avocado
- – ¼ cup Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream
- – 1 cup chopped Cilantro leaves and stems
- – 2 cloves of Garlic
- – ½ teaspoon Salt or to taste
- – 1 tablespoon of fresh Lime or Lemon juice (or White Vinegar)
- – 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- – Ground black Pepper to Taste(optional)
- – Approximately ½ Cup of Water
- – Toss all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse away, scraping the sides until smooth.
- – You may consider making a bigger batch to save it for later. The dressing covered and chilled may last up to three days in the refrigerator.
- – Once the dressing is done, add it to the Texas Caviar mixture (little by little) and mix until well blended.
- – Serve with Tortilla chips.
Creamy Alternative: You may substitute buttermilk for the water for a creamier dressing.
Spicy Alternative: For those of us who love LIFE SPICY, you may add a bit of jalapeno or Serrano pepper into the blend.
Another Alternative: If the sauce turns out too sour for your taste, here’s a great tip! Just add a bit of honey (very little at a time) until it’s just right!
How did your Texas Caviar Turn Out?
Please feel free to like and share this tasty recipe with your peers. If you tried it, please feel free to share about your experience in the comments below. We welcome all of your suggestions and comments as well.