HAPPY PECAN DAY TEXAS!
Yes, it’s Pecan Day, not National Pecan Day but just Pecan Day. It might sound a bit nutty that there would be two days of the year to celebrate pecans but as Texans, we love it! After all, the Pecan Tree has been the national tree of Texas since 1919. Roll out the pecans because your in for a treat: Texas Maple Pecan Pie!
A SPRING BREAK TREAT
It’s finally Spring Break! It’s time to enjoy friends and family but most importantly to relax. Here’s a delightful no bake recipe that you can whip up quickly saving you time and money on your power bill. In honor of Pecan Day, Energy Saving and Spring Break (woah, that was a mouthful!), we bring you a kick on a the traditional National Pie of Texas: Pecan Pie.
Texas No Bake Maple Pecan Pie with Bourbon Spiked Cream Recipe
Here is a mouth watering version of the traditional pecan pie with the addition of pure maple syrup and an optional bourbon cream topping. It’s fast and easy to make so it’s perfect treat for the Spring season. For best results, I advise that you use pure maple syrup if possible.
Time: Less Than an Hour!
*No eggs or cornstarch added.
Maple Pecan Pie
- – 3/4 cup brown sugar
- – ¼ cup maple syrup
- – ¼ cup honey
- – ¾ cup of butter
- – 3 tablespoons cream
- – 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- – 2-3 cups pecans
- – 1 pre-baked pie crust, such as shortbread or graham cracker.
- – Add the first four ingredients to a medium saucepan: brown sugar, pure maple syrup, honey and butter. Simmer this over medium high heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- – Once the mixture begins boiling, stir in the pecans and cream. Bring to a low boil, stirring once in a while for 10 – 12 minutes.
- – Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract and pour into the pre-baked pie crust. Next, allow to cool and garnish with a few pecans on top. Then, cover and refrigerate for approximately 30 minutes or until completely chilled.
Bourbon Spiked Cream (Optional)
- – 2 cups heavy cream
- – 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- – 2 Tbs. vanilla extract
- – 2 Tbs. bourbon
- – In a bowl, whisk the cream until it becomes foamy.
- – Next, add the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and bourbon and whisk for approximately 1-2 minutes until soft peaks form.
- – Cover and refrigerate until the pie is ready!
Serving Variation: A scoop of fresh vanilla ice cream “a la mode” is a lovely substitute for the cream or add it in along with the cream for a heavenly experience.
How did your Pecan Pie Turn Out?
Please feel free to like and share this tasty recipe with your peers. If you tried it, please feel free to share about your experience in the comments below. We welcome all of your suggestions and comments as well.